A potential area for being psychologically drained comes at the south end of the lake, where from miles 5 to 12 you are running along the southern swamp area of the lake and not actually on the lake.
Use the following map to plan your run around Honeoye Lake.
Turn by turn directions:
- Start run on the corner of NY Route 20A and state route 36.
- Take Route 36, West Lake Road, south for nine miles.
- Turn left onto East Lake Road.
- Run north until it connects to Route 20A.
- Total distance, approximately 18 miles.
Areas for gear cache or crew assistance:
Resources for Honeoye Lake: